The Falkland-Malvinas Islands Here in this section you will find English language web sites and pages containing a wealth of information about this disputed group of islands. The first recorded landing on the Falkland Islands occurred in 1690 by an English captain, John Strong. He named the Islands after the then First Lord of the Admiralty, Viscount Falkland. After years of varied settlements, Britain resumed occupation and asserted her full rights in the Falklands with a naval garrison at Port Louis in 1833. The British administration has been continuous and unbroken, apart from the 1982 Conflict, right up to the present day and many of the Islanders today are descended from the earliest settlers. Falkland Islands South America Regional.
The Falkland Islands ( / ˈ f ɔː l k l ən d / ; Spanish: Islas Malvinas , pronounced: ) are an archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean on the Patagonian Shelf. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Falkland Islands is an archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean on the Patagonian Shelf. The principal islands are about east of South America's southern Patagonian coast, at a latitude of about 52 S. The archipelago, with an area of, comprises East Falkland, West Falkland and 776 smaller islands. As a British overseas territory, the Falklands have internal self-governance, and the United Kingdom takes responsibility for their defence and foreign affairs. The Falkland Islands' capital is Stanley on East Falkland.
- Falkland Islands Category
- Index of Falkland Islands-related articles - The following is an alphabetical list of topics related to the British Overseas Territory of the Falkland Islands.
- Outline of the Falkland Islands - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to the Falkland Islands: The Falkland Islands are an archipelago located in the South Atlantic Ocean on the Patagonian Shelf.
- British Overseas Territories
- Disputed islands
- Dependent territories in South America
- English-speaking countries and territories
- Compilation The Antarctic Circle www
Compilation of Antarctic related articles. Antarctic Circle. Includes information concerning the birthplaces and final resting places of Antarctic personalities as well as monuments and dedications. The Antarctic Circle.
- Learn Darryn's Antarctica www
Learn about Antarctic topics such as weather, Antarctica, penguins, history, photography, jobs, and tourism from someone who has worked and lived there. Includes diaries and FAQs. Darryn's Antarctica.
- Home-grown Fighting Pigs Band www
Home-grown rhythm, Pigs Band, blues and rock band from the Falkland Islands. Fighting Pigs Band.
- The Lifestyles www
The Falkland Islands home improvement centre. Lifestyles.
- A Stanley Services Limited www
A joint venture between the Falkland Island Government and S and JD Robertson Group, Services Limited, and Lavinia Corporation. Provides fuel to both the domestic population of the Falkland Islands and the fishing fleet. Stanley Services Limited.
- Les Illes Malvines - Viquipèdia www
Les illes constitueixen un territori d'ultramar del Regne Unit. Malvines - Viquipèdia. Bandera, mapa i algunes dades. Illes Malvines - Viquipèdia.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Illes Malvines www
Mapa, Illes Malvines, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Illes Malvines.
- Leksikal Wikipedia: Falklandskrigen www
Leksikal artikel. Wikipedia: Falklandskrigen.
- Artikel Falklandsøerne www
Artikel om øerne og deres natur. Falklandsøerne.
- Exists United Kingdom Overseas Territories Conservation Forum (UKOTCF) www
Exists to promote the conservation of plant and animal species and natural habitats of the UK Territories Overseas. Kingdom Overseas Territories Conservation Forum (UKOTCF). News, reports, details of conferences, and how to become a 'friend' of the organisation. United Kingdom Overseas Territories Conservation Forum (UKOTCF).
- Act British Overseas Territories Act 2002 www
Act of Parliament relating to the conferral of British citizenship on British overseas territories citizens. British Overseas Territories Act 2002.
- An Escuela Las Morochas www
An K-12 English speaking school created for expatriate children located in the city of Ciudad Ojeda near Lake Maracaibo in the northwest. Las Morochas. Page includes history, curriculum objectives and activities. Escuela Las Morochas.
- Alexa: Falkland Islands South America
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Falkland Islands South America
- DMOZ: Falkland Islands South America
dmoz.org Directory: Falkland Islands South America