The Falkland-Malvinas Islands Here in this section you will find English language web sites and pages containing a wealth of information about this disputed group of islands. The first recorded landing on the Falkland Islands occurred in 1690 by an English captain, John Strong. He named the Islands after the then First Lord of the Admiralty, Viscount Falkland. After years of varied settlements, Britain resumed occupation and asserted her full rights in the Falklands with a naval garrison at Port Louis in 1833. The British administration has been continuous and unbroken, apart from the 1982 Conflict, right up to the present day and many of the Islanders today are descended from the earliest settlers. Falkland Islands South America Regional.
The Falkland Islands ( / ˈ f ɔː l k l ən d / ; Spanish: Islas Malvinas , pronounced: ) are an archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean on the Patagonian Shelf. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Falkland Islands is an archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean on the Patagonian Shelf. The principal islands are about east of South America's southern Patagonian coast, at a latitude of about 52 S. The archipelago, with an area of, comprises East Falkland, West Falkland and 776 smaller islands. As a British overseas territory, the 'Falklands' has internal self-governance, and the United Kingdom takes responsibility for its defence and foreign affairs. The Falkland Islands' capital is Stanley on East Falkland.
- Falkland Islands Category
- Index of Falkland Islands-related articles - The following is an alphabetical list of topics related to the British Overseas Territory of the Falkland Islands.
- Outline of the Falkland Islands - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to the Falkland Islands: The Falkland Islands are an archipelago located in the South Atlantic Ocean on the Patagonian Shelf.
- British Overseas Territories
- Disputed islands
- Dependent territories in South America
- English-speaking countries and territories
- Provides Antarctic Protected Areas www
Provides access to information on areas given formal status of special protection. Protected Areas. Includes protected areas, management plans, descriptions, location maps, site maps, photographs, and international agreements. Antarctic Protected Areas.
- Agency Australian Antarctic Division www
Agency responsible for the country's Antarctic research, Antarctic Division, as well as administering the Australian Antarctic Territory and the subantarctic Territory of Heard and McDonald Islands. Includes news, research data, and educational materials. Australian Antarctic Division.
- Home-grown Fighting Pigs Band www
Home-grown rhythm, Pigs Band, blues and rock band from the Falkland Islands. Fighting Pigs Band.
- Services The Falkland Islands Company www
Services include retailing and distribution, Falkland Islands Company, port services, shipping, hotels and mineral exploration. The Falkland Islands Company.
- The Lifestyles www
The Falkland Islands home improvement centre. Lifestyles.
- Les Illes Malvines - Viquipèdia www
Les illes constitueixen un territori d'ultramar del Regne Unit. Malvines - Viquipèdia. Bandera, mapa i algunes dades. Illes Malvines - Viquipèdia.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Illes Malvines www
Mapa, Illes Malvines, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Illes Malvines.
- Artikel Falklandsøerne www
Artikel om øerne og deres natur. Falklandsøerne.
- Leksikal Wikipedia: Falklandskrigen www
Leksikal artikel. Wikipedia: Falklandskrigen.
- Exists United Kingdom Overseas Territories Conservation Forum (UKOTCF) www
Exists to promote the conservation of plant and animal species and natural habitats of the UK Territories Overseas. Kingdom Overseas Territories Conservation Forum (UKOTCF). News, reports, details of conferences, and how to become a 'friend' of the organisation. United Kingdom Overseas Territories Conservation Forum (UKOTCF).
- Act British Overseas Territories Act 2002 www
Act of Parliament relating to the conferral of British citizenship on British overseas territories citizens. British Overseas Territories Act 2002.
- An Escuela Las Morochas www
An K-12 English speaking school created for expatriate children located in the city of Ciudad Ojeda near Lake Maracaibo in the northwest. Las Morochas. Page includes history, curriculum objectives and activities. Escuela Las Morochas.
- Alexa: Falkland Islands South America
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Falkland Islands South America
- DMOZ: Falkland Islands South America
dmoz.org Directory: Falkland Islands South America