From World Fact Book: Niue's remoteness, as well as cultural and linguistic differences between its Polynesian inhabitants and those of the rest of the Cook Islands, have caused it to be separately administered. The population of the island continues to drop (from a peak of 5,200 in 1966 to 2,100 in 2000) with substantial emigration to New Zealand. Niue Oceania Regional.
Niue ( / ˈ nj uː eɪ / NEW -ay ; Niuean: Niuē ) is an island country in the South Pacific Ocean, 2,400 kilometres (1,500 mi) northeast of New Zealand, and east of Tonga, south of Samoa and west of the Cook Islands. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Niue is an island country in the South Pacific Ocean, northeast of New Zealand, east of Tonga, south of Samoa, and west of the Cook Islands. Niue's land area is about and its population, predominantly Polynesian, was about 1,600 in 2016. The island is commonly referred to as "The Rock", which comes from the traditional name "Rock of Polynesia". Niue is one of the world's largest coral islands. The terrain consists of steep limestone cliffs along the coast with a central plateau rising to about 60 metres above sea level. A coral reef surrounds the island, with the only major break in the reef being in the central western coast, close to Alofi. A notable feature are the many limestone caves near the coast.
- Niue Category
- Outline of Niue - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Niue: Niue ? an island nation in free association with New Zealand located in the South Pacific Ocean. It is commonly known as the "Rock of Polynesia". Natives of the island call it merely "The Rock".
- Bibliography of Niue
- Cuisine of Niue
- Transportation in Niue - Transport in Niue takes place on a road network, and via an airport and a sea port.
- British Western Pacific Territories
- Former British colonies and protectorates in Oceania
- Countries in Polynesia
- New Zealand?Pacific relations
- Populated places established in the 10th century
- Small Island Developing States
- Environmental UN System-Wide Earthwatch: Niue www
Environmental information and statistics. UN System-Wide Earthwatch: Niue.
- Presents Cross, Mark www
Presents work by a New-Zealand-born artist, Mark, with his comments on life in the Southern Pacific islands and some essays on his philosophy of art. Cross, Mark.
- Information Internet Niue www
Information about the services of the local internet service provider. Internet Niue.
- Internet RockET Systems www
Internet business providing WiFi throughout the country and an Internet Cafe in Alofi. RockET Systems.
- Breu Niue - Viquipèdia www
Breu història, Viquipèdia, bandera, mapa i algunes dades. Niue - Viquipèdia.
- Serving The Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) www
Serving Island development in 22 Pacific Island countries and territories. Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC). Formerly the Pacific Island Commission. English/French. The Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC).
- A Pacifly Fruit Fly Web www
A guide to fruit fly (Tephritidae) management and control in the Pacific Island countries, Fruit Fly Web, including profiles on pest species and activities in each country. Pacifly Fruit Fly Web.
- UNESCO The EFA 2000 Assessment: Country Reports: Niue www
UNESCO Education report which outlines the situation in 1999 and future goals for education on island. The EFA 2000 Assessment: Country Reports: Niue.
- Index Niue - Legislation - 1997 - 2002 www
Index of local statutes of interest. Niue - Legislation - 1997 - 2002.
- Official Government of Niue www
Official site provides public statements and press releases. Government of Niue.
- Categorized Te Puna - Niue www
Categorized and annotated web directory from the National Library of New Zealand. Te Puna - Niue.
- Hyperlinked Wikipedia - Niue www
Hyperlinked encyclopedia article covers the country's history, Niue, government and politics, geography, economy, demographics, language and culture. Wikipedia - Niue.
- Alexa: Niue Oceania
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Niue Oceania
- DMOZ: Niue Oceania
dmoz.org Directory: Niue Oceania