Information on recreational facilities that are designed around a motif or theme. Theme Parks Travel and Tourism United States North America Regional.
An amusement park (sometimes referred to as a funfair ) or theme park is a group of entertainment attractions, rides, and other events in a location for the enjoyment of large numbers of people. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An amusement park is a park that features various attractions, such as rides and games, as well as other events for entertainment purposes. A theme park is a type of amusement park that bases its structures and attractions around a central theme, often featuring multiple areas with different themes. Unlike temporary and mobile funfairs and carnivals, amusement parks are stationary and built for long-lasting operation. They are more elaborate than city parks and playgrounds, usually providing attractions that cater to a variety of age groups. While amusement parks often contain themed areas, theme parks place a heavier focus with more intricately-designed themes that revolve around a particular subject or group of subjects. Amusement parks evolved from European fairs, pleasure gardens and large picnic areas, which were created for people's recreation. World's fairs and other types of international expositions also influenced the emergence of the amusement park industry.
- Amusement parks
- Directory USA Tourism.com www
Directory of lodgings, Tourism.com, attractions, museums, and parks by state. Clickable map. USA Tourism.com.
- Offers Explore Kentucky Lake www
Offers a guide to attractions, Kentucky Lake, lodging, dining, fishing, boating and real estate. Includes travel tools, events and lake conditions. Explore Kentucky Lake.
- Alexa: Theme Parks Travel and Tourism
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Theme Parks Travel and Tourism
- DMOZ: Theme Parks Travel and Tourism
dmoz.org Directory: Theme Parks Travel and Tourism