Greenland, the largest island in the world, is located at the point where the Atlantic meets the Arctic Ocean. It is surrounded by cold ocean currents which continually cool its coasts. Combined with cold radiating from inland ice, this gives Greenland its arctic climate. The inland ice covers 1,833,900 square km, equivalent to 85 percent of Greenland's total area. At its center, it can be up to 3 km thick. This large concentration of ice represents 10 percent of the world's total fresh water reserves. Greenland North America Regional.
Greenland has been inhabited off and on for at least the last 4,500 years by Arctic peoples whose forebears migrated there from what is now Canada. (wikipedia)
- Greenland An autonomous country within the Danish Realm, located between the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans...
- Greenland shark A large shark of the family Somniosidae, closely related to the Pacific and southern sleeper sharks.
- Greenland Dog A large breed of husky-type dog kept as a sled dog and for hunting polar bear and seal.
- Greenland, Saint Andrew, Barbados A village in the parish of Saint Andrew in Barbados.
- Greenland, Nova Scotia A community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County.
- Greenland, County Antrim A townland in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
- Greenland, Arkansas A city in Washington County, Arkansas.
- Greenland cod A species of ray-finned fish in the cod family, Gadidae.
- Greenland (album) Greenland is Cracker's seventh studio album. The first single was "Something You Ain't Got."
- "Greeneland " An English novelist regarded by some as one of the great writers of the 20th century.
- Collection North - an Intuitive Arctic Exploration www
Collection of a variety of Arctic topics. North - an Intuitive Arctic Exploration.
- Site The Arctic Website www
Site dedicated to the history, Arctic Website, science, and adventure of the Arctic, Alaska, and the 1898 Gold Rush. Includes images, maps, and wildlife, environmental, and glacier information. The Arctic Website.
- The Greenland National Museum and Archives www
The central institution for research and documentation of the cultural history of Greenland. National Museum and Archives. Mandate, collections, exhibitions, archival work and family history. Greenland National Museum and Archives.
- A Katuaq - Cultural Center Greenland www
A cultural center, Cultural Center Greenland, cinema and café. Site describes layout, facilities and equipment of Greenland's Cultural Center. Greenlandic, Danish and English. Katuaq - Cultural Center Greenland.
- A Polar Seafood Greenland A/S www
Polar Seafood Greenland A/S.
- National Nunaoil www
National oil company provides company profile, Nunaoil, news and employment opportunities. Nunaoil.
- Cronologia, Grenlàndia - Viquipèdia www
Cronologia, Viquipèdia, mapa i algunes dades. Grenlàndia - Viquipèdia.
- Generelle Qaanaaq, Grønland Index www
Generelle oplysninger om Qaanaap Kommunia samt mere detaljerede oplysninger om skoler, Grønland Index, kultur, turisme og seværdigheder. Qaanaaq, Grønland Index.
- Undervisningsmateriale Den Digitale Slæderejse www
Undervisningsmateriale om Grønland, Digitale Slæderejse, tiltænkt 5. - 10. klassetrin. Den Digitale Slæderejse.
- Gives Ilisimatusarfik - University of Greenland www
Gives recent news and human resources information, University of Greenland, departments, staff, management information and organizational chart. Ilisimatusarfik - University of Greenland.
- Alexa: Greenland North America
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Greenland North America
- DMOZ: Greenland North America
dmoz.org Directory: Greenland North America