Greenland, the largest island in the world, is located at the point where the Atlantic meets the Arctic Ocean. It is surrounded by cold ocean currents which continually cool its coasts. Combined with cold radiating from inland ice, this gives Greenland its arctic climate. The inland ice covers 1,833,900 square km, equivalent to 85 percent of Greenland's total area. At its center, it can be up to 3 km thick. This large concentration of ice represents 10 percent of the world's total fresh water reserves. Greenland North America Regional.
Greenland has been inhabited off and on for at least the last 4,500 years by Arctic peoples whose forebears migrated there from what is now Canada. (wikipedia)
- Greenland An autonomous country within the Danish Realm, located between the Arctic and Atlantic Oceans...
- Greenland shark A large shark of the family Somniosidae, closely related to the Pacific and southern sleeper sharks.
- Greenland Dog A large breed of husky-type dog kept as a sled dog and for hunting polar bear and seal.
- Greenland, Saint Andrew, Barbados A village in the parish of Saint Andrew in Barbados.
- Greenland, Nova Scotia A community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County.
- Greenland, County Antrim A townland in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
- Greenland, Arkansas A city in Washington County, Arkansas.
- Greenland cod A species of ray-finned fish in the cod family, Gadidae.
- Greenland (album) Greenland is Cracker's seventh studio album. The first single was "Something You Ain't Got."
- "Greeneland " An English novelist regarded by some as one of the great writers of the 20th century.
- Resources Explore North www
Resources for Alaska, North, the Yukon Territory, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. Explore North.
- Photos 1990 PolarLys Expedition www
Photos and information from the 1990 Polarlys expedition to the Arctic. PolarLys Expedition. French and English 1990 PolarLys Expedition.
- A Nanu Disco www
A musical project combining traditional Greenlandic music with modern sounds and technology. Nanu Disco.
- The Greenland National Museum and Archives www
The central institution for research and documentation of the cultural history of Greenland. National Museum and Archives. Mandate, collections, exhibitions, archival work and family history. Greenland National Museum and Archives.
- Country MBendi - Greenland www
Country profile from a business and economic perspective plus a map, Greenland, business directory, and industry sector and investment information. MBendi - Greenland.
- A Polar Seafood Greenland A/S www
Polar Seafood Greenland A/S.
- Cronologia, Grenlàndia - Viquipèdia www
Cronologia, Viquipèdia, mapa i algunes dades. Grenlàndia - Viquipèdia.
- For Grønnedalsforeningen af 1985 www
For at styrke sammenholdet mellem personer der er/har været tilmeldt folkeregistret i Ivigtut Kommune. Grønnedalsforeningen af 1985.
- Generelle Qaanaaq, Grønland Index www
Generelle oplysninger om Qaanaap Kommunia samt mere detaljerede oplysninger om skoler, Grønland Index, kultur, turisme og seværdigheder. Qaanaaq, Grønland Index.
- Gives Ilisimatusarfik - University of Greenland www
Gives recent news and human resources information, University of Greenland, departments, staff, management information and organizational chart. Ilisimatusarfik - University of Greenland.
- Alexa: Greenland North America
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Greenland North America
- DMOZ: Greenland North America
dmoz.org Directory: Greenland North America