These sites contain information and walks for those who wish to explore the UK on foot. Walking Recreation and Sports United Kingdom Europe Regional.
Walking (also known as ambulation ) is one of the main gaits of locomotion among legged animals, and is typically slower than running and other gaits. (wikipedia)
- Walking Walking is one of the main gaits of locomotion among legged animals, and is typically slower...
- Racewalking A long-distance discipline within the sport of athletics.
- Walkin' A Miles Davis compilation album released in 1957 by Prestige Records.
- Fulling A step in woollen clothmaking which involves the cleansing of cloth to eliminate oils, dirt, and...
- Base on balls Then entitled to reach first base without the possibility of being called out.
- Walking (film) A 1968 Canadian animated short film directed and produced by Ryan Larkin for the National Film...
- "Walking" (Thoreau) A lecture by Henry David Thoreau first delivered at the Concord Lyceum on April 23, 1851.
- Walkin' A Miles Davis compilation album released in 1957 by Prestige Records.
- Walk Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Walk'.
- People Three Peaks Challenge www
People climb the highest mountains in England, Peaks Challenge, Scotland and Wales in 24 hours for charity. Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike, and Snowdon. Three Peaks Challenge.
- Provides West Country Walks www
Provides free hiking routes in the region. Country Walks. Includes PDF downloads. West Country Walks.
- One Crag Happy www
One stop resource for those interested in walking, Happy, rambling or hiking in the UK. Crag Happy.
- UK Fellwalker www
UK walk descriptions, Fellwalker, plus shareware database of the British hills and mountains. Also contains information on books and landscape photography. Fellwalker.
- Online TACit Press www
Online publisher of UK mountain tables and fables, Press, and 'The Angry Corrie' fanzine. TACit Press.
- Welsh Welsh 3000s www
Welsh walking challenge taking in peaks over 3000 feet in height. Welsh 3000s.
- A Derby Three Peaks Challenge Team 2008 www
A personal account of the preparation and planning required to undertake the challenge for charity. Derby Three Peaks Challenge Team 2008.
- A The Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers www
A professional body which represents over 300 individuals who are involved in the management of public rights of way in England, Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers, Wales and Scotland principally as local government officers. The Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers.
- Online The Relative Hills of Britain www
Online book considering questions such as 'how many hills are there in Britain' and 'has anyone climbed them all'. The Relative Hills of Britain.
- The The Caledonian Challenge www
The Challenge is for teams of 4 people to complete 54 miles within 24 hours, Caledonian Challenge, whilst raising funds for the Scottish Community Foundation. The Caledonian Challenge.
- Long The Saint Kenelm's Way www
Long distance walk across Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, Saint Kenelm's Way, linking the two places most connected with the life of the ninth century Mercian Saint. Includes history of Saint Kenelm and detailed route instructions. The Saint Kenelm's Way.
- Features Walking Britain www
Features walks, Britain, photos and other information for walkers and hikers in the British Isles. Walking Britain.
- Walking Countrywalker www
Walking guides, Countrywalker, hiking, photographs and information on walking the Lake District and the Peak District. Countrywalker.
- A Walking Forum UK www
A forum for discussing all aspects of country walking and hiking in the UK. Walking Forum UK.
- A go4awalk.com www
A collection of maps and descriptions of walks (in pdf format) searched using a series of interactive maps, go4awalk.com, directory of local accommodation plus hints and tips for walkers. go4awalk.com.
- Descriptive Walking Pages www
Descriptive walks in England and Wales. Walking Pages.
- Contains Olicana Telephone Company www
Contains background information on the walking club, Telephone Company, with history of events. Olicana Telephone Company.
- Walking The Kent Ramblers' Association www
Walking guides, Kent Ramblers' Association, news and interactive map. The Kent Ramblers' Association.
- Self Combe Walks www
Self guided circular walks in North Devon, Walks, Exmoor and Tarka Country. Combe Walks.
- Highlights WalkinWales www
Highlights a range of walks in Wales with photographs, WalkinWales, guides, maps and books. Includes link resources for hikers, ramblers and walkers. WalkinWales.
- Lancashire, Hiking UK www
Lancashire, UK, Lakes, and Yorkshire walks, and links. Hiking UK.
- Walk Share the Fell Walking Experience www
Walk descriptions and photographs from the Lake District fells, the Fell Walking Experience, Scottish and Welsh mountains and other hills in England. Share the Fell Walking Experience.
- Links Hillwalking.org.uk www
Links on climbing, Hillwalking.org.uk, mountaineering, hillwalking and related accommodation. Includes books and maps purchase facility. Hillwalking.org.uk.
- Teams Coins 3 Peaks Challenge www
Teams compete to climb the 3 highest peaks in Scotland, Peaks Challenge, England and Wales in under 24 hours. Coins 3 Peaks Challenge.
- Articles Statistical Topics in Hillwalking www
Articles and information of a statistical or scientific nature for hillwalkers. Topics in Hillwalking. Includes the use of altimeters in height measurement and UK weather links. Statistical Topics in Hillwalking.
- Names, Peak Bagging Page www
Names, Bagging Page, heights and grid references of hills in the UK over 2000 feet. Richard Moss. Peak Bagging Page.
- Backpacking, Wild Camp www
Backpacking, Camp, fellwalking and camping in the lake District and Snowdonia . Includes trip reports, photographs and related links. Wild Camp.
- Collection Trekking Britain www
Collection of walks around the country with route directions, Britain, trail information, maps and photography. Trekking Britain.
- Routes Three Peaks Challenge Guide www
Routes and simple maps, Peaks Challenge Guide, advice, tips and forum. Links page. Three Peaks Challenge Guide.
- Information Walking Challenges www
Information on various walking challenges throughout the UK, Challenges, including peak bagging. Walking Challenges.
- Provides Discovery Travel www
Provides walking and cycling holidays in a range of specially selected destinations for the independent traveller. Travel. Details of holidays. Discovery Travel.
- An Walking For Health www
An initiative of the British Heart Foundation and the Countryside Agency to persuade more people to take up walking. For Health. Includes objectives, advice and related resources . Walking For Health.
- Walking Wild Walks www
Walking routes in Scotland, Walks, Yorkshire Dales and North Yorkshire Moors. Wild Walks.
- The Walkingworld www
The UK site with a database of walks from all round the country - complete with Ordnance Survey maps. Walkingworld.
- News, OUTDOORSmagic www
News, OUTDOORSmagic, detailed gear reviews, features and links and much for walkers and climbers. OUTDOORSmagic.
- Information Peak District Walks www
Information on the Peak District and the Grate Little Guides series of walking guides. Peak District Walks.
- Sites WebRing: UK Walking www
Sites with content of interest to walkers and hikers from the UK or travelling to the UK. WebRing: UK Walking.
- Free WalkWeb www
Free walking maps and GPS data for countryside hikes in the UK. WalkWeb.
- A Routecards Resource www
A database of walk routecards as used by scouts, Resource, ramblers and other walkers. Searchable by location and area . Routecards Resource.
- A Inn Way www
A series of walking guidebooks by Mark Reid that cover the Yorkshire Dales, Way, Lake District, and Black Sheep Pubs. Long distance walks via traditional English country inns. Inn Way.
- Giving GPS Mountain Waypoints & Walking Routes www
Giving walking routes, Mountain Waypoints & Walking Routes, tracklogs and waypoints for mountain peaks such as Munros and Wainwrights. GPS Mountain Waypoints & Walking Routes.
- Details Sherwood Long Distance Walkers Association www
Details of challenge and group walks in the East Midlands. Sherwood Long Distance Walkers Association.
- Walking Walk Eryri - Walking in Snowdonia www
Walking routes, Eryri - Walking in Snowdonia, mountain photos, and a weekly snow forecast. Walk Eryri - Walking in Snowdonia.
- Operator Outdoor Pursuits Company www
Operator of adventurous fundraising events. Pursuits Company. Official organisers of the Three and Four Peak challenge. Outdoor Pursuits Company.
- Manufacturer Berghaus Ltd. www
Manufacturer of clothing, Ltd., footwear, rucksacks and accessories for walkers, mountaineers and other outdoor enthusiasts. Includes access to list of suppliers. Berghaus Ltd..
- A Hillwalkers Gallery www
A photographic guide of mountain walks in the Lake District, Gallery, Pennines, Peak District and Yorkshire Dales. Hillwalkers Gallery.
- Short walks4softies www
Short easy to follow walks described with pictures. walks4softies. Most are within 50 miles of Poole, Dorset. Includes list of walks in many English Counties. walks4softies.
- Offers Walkwise UK www
Offers rambling breaks worldwide for walking groups and individuals. Walkwise UK.
- Guided Contours Walking Holidays www
Guided and self-led walking holidays in Scotland, Walking Holidays, England and Wales. Includes maps to help choose walks, which also give additional information on the walks, including how strenuous they are. Contours Walking Holidays.
- County Walking in Hampshire :: Long Distance Routes www
County Council guide to several long distance routes exploring the Hampshire countryside, Hampshire :: Long Distance Routes, including the Test Way, Pilgrims' Trail, and South Downs Way. Walking in Hampshire :: Long Distance Routes.
- A Two Moors Way www
A long-distance walking route between Ivybridge on the southern edge of Dartmoor, Moors Way, and Lynmouth on the North Coast of Exmoor (102 miles). Information about access, connections to other routes, and a downloadable guide in PDF format. Two Moors Way.
- Information Northern Ireland - Walking & Hiking www
Information on shorter walks based along the 560 miles Ulster Way. Ireland - Walking & Hiking. Official site of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. Northern Ireland - Walking & Hiking.
- UFRC Ulster Federation of Rambling Clubs www
UFRC is the Governing body for rambling and hill-walking clubs in the Northern Ireland. Federation of Rambling Clubs. Includes details of affiliated clubs with contact details. Ulster Federation of Rambling Clubs.
- A Red Rope - Socialist Walkers and Climbers www
A national club for socialist walkers and climbers. Rope - Socialist Walkers and Climbers. It is organised around regions under the umbrella of the national club. Red Rope - Socialist Walkers and Climbers.
- Promote Backpackers Club www
Promote and encourage backpacking for the benefit of members involved in lightweight camping via walking, Club, cycling, cross-country skiing or canoeing. Backpackers Club.
- Alexa: Walking Recreation and Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Walking Recreation and Sports
- DMOZ: Walking Recreation and Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Walking Recreation and Sports