This section lists websites and pages that focus on all or part of central and eastern Europe and that cannot logically be placed under a single country, one of the other regions or the whole of Europe. The terms "Central Europe" and "Eastern Europe" have had different geographic definitions through modern history, with changes in the geopolitical situation in Europe. Currently, the term "Central and Eastern Europe" is most widely used to refer to the European nations that had Communist or Soviet-influenced Socialist governments until the late 1980s and early 1990s. Included are several nations that were part of, or occupied by, the former Soviet Union (Russia, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, the Baltic countries - Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, and the countries of the Caucasus - Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and the nations that were formerly part of Yugoslavia (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, and Kosovo). Central and Eastern Europe Regions Europe Regional.
Central and Eastern Europe, abbreviated CEE, is a generic term for the group of countries in Central Europe, Southeast Europe, Northern Europe, and Eastern Europe, usually meaning former communist states in Europe. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Central and Eastern Europe, abbreviated CEE, is a generic term for the grouping of countries in Central Europe, Southeast Europe, Northeast Europe, and Eastern Europe, usually meaning former communist states in Europe. It is in use after the collapse of the Iron Curtain in 1989?90. In scholarly literature the abbreviations CEE or CEEC are often used for this concept.
- Baltic states - The Baltic states, also known as the Baltic countries, Baltic republics, Baltic nations, or simply, the Baltics, are the three countries in northern Europe on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Central Europe - Central Europe is the region comprising the central part of Europe. It is said to occupy continuous territory that are otherwise conventionally Eastern Europe and Western Europe. The concept of Central Europe is based on a common historical, social and cultural identity.
- Central and Eastern European Online Library - The Central and Eastern European Online Library is a repository of full text indexed documents in the fields of Humanities and Social Science publications from and about Central and Eastern Europe.
- European Union - The European Union is a political and economic union of member states that are located primarily in Europe. It has an area of, and an estimated population of over 510 million. The EU has developed an internal single market through a standardised system of laws that apply in all member states.
- East-Central Europe - East-Central Europe is the region between German, West Slavic and Hungarian speaking Europe and the Eastern Slavic lands of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Those lands are described as situated "between two": "between two worlds, between two stages, between two futures".
- Eastern Europe - Eastern Europe is the eastern part of the European continent. There is no consensus on the precise area it covers, partly because the term has a wide range of geopolitical, geographical, cultural, and socioeconomic connotations.
- Central Europe
- Geographical neologisms
- Eastern Europe
- Regions of Europe
- Offers OpenMaps www
Offers free downloadable maps for several countries in the region. OpenMaps.
- Forum SocialEast www
Forum on the art and visual culture of Eastern Europe. SocialEast. Information about seminars and exhibitions. SocialEast.
- Portal Southeast Europe Online www
Portal covering the Balkan countries in transition. Europe Online. Contains daily news and library of important publications on reconstruction and development, NGOs, programs and projects. Southeast Europe Online.
- An Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe www
An intergovernmental organization working for democracy, Pact for South Eastern Europe, economic development and security of the Balkan region. Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe.
- A The Baltic Sea Information Centre www
A directory of websites about Finland, Baltic Sea Information Centre, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, and Russia with a focus on industry and commerce. The Baltic Sea Information Centre.
- A Baltic SeaStates Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC) www
A political network of regional authorities below the national level of the countries in the Baltic Sea area. SeaStates Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC). Baltic SeaStates Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC).
- Official Bulgaria: National Statistical Institute www
Official government site offers information about the law on statistics, National Statistical Institute, and information about the population, ecology, and economy of the country. Bulgaria: National Statistical Institute.
- Official Republic of Bulgaria www
Official government site tells about the government and the country in general. Bulgaria. Includes the history of the country, some basic statistics, national symbols, public holidays, and a map of the districts as well as speeches by the prime minister and other government news and decrees. Republic of Bulgaria.
- Directory CEE Environmental www
Directory of environmental businesses in central and eastern Europe, Environmental, organized by industrial sector. Also includes country economic information. CEE Environmental.
- Economic Eastern Europe Country Reviews www
Economic and financial data for Eastern Europe countries. Eastern Europe Country Reviews.
- A Caucasus www
A set of articles on the society, Caucasus, history, politics and religion of the region. Caucasus.
- Promotes Caucasus Environmental NGO Network www
Promotes sustainable development in the region. Environmental NGO Network. Includes a database of natural resources. Caucasus Environmental NGO Network.
- Interreg Northern Periphery Programme www
Interreg III B transnational programme, Periphery Programme, promoting cooperation between the northern regions of Finland, Sweden, Norway, Scotland, Faroe Islands and all of Greenland. With strategic themes and priorities, area information and maps. Northern Periphery Programme.
- Website European Region Tyrol - South Tyrol - Trentino www
Website of the region's Common Representation of the three regions that founded the first transboundary office. Region Tyrol - South Tyrol - Trentino. Information about the regions, and contact details for the Brussels office. [English, German, Italian] European Region Tyrol - South Tyrol - Trentino.
- Alexa: Central and Eastern Europe Regions
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Central and Eastern Europe Regions
- DMOZ: Central and Eastern Europe Regions
dmoz.org Directory: Central and Eastern Europe Regions