This section lists websites and pages that focus on all or part of central and eastern Europe and that cannot logically be placed under a single country, one of the other regions or the whole of Europe. The terms "Central Europe" and "Eastern Europe" have had different geographic definitions through modern history, with changes in the geopolitical situation in Europe. Currently, the term "Central and Eastern Europe" is most widely used to refer to the European nations that had Communist or Soviet-influenced Socialist governments until the late 1980s and early 1990s. Included are several nations that were part of, or occupied by, the former Soviet Union (Russia, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, the Baltic countries - Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, and the countries of the Caucasus - Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and the nations that were formerly part of Yugoslavia (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, and Kosovo). Central and Eastern Europe Regions Europe Regional.
Central and Eastern Europe, abbreviated CEE, is a generic term for the group of countries in Central Europe, Southeast Europe, Northern Europe, and Eastern Europe, usually meaning former communist states in Europe. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Central and Eastern Europe, abbreviated CEE, is a term encompassing the countries in Central Europe, the Baltic states, and Southeastern Europe, usually meaning former communist states from the Eastern bloc in Europe. Scholarly literature often uses the abbreviations CEE or CEEC for this term. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development also uses the term "Central and Eastern European Countries" for a group comprising some of these countries.
- Baltic states - The Baltic states, also known as the Baltic countries, Baltic republics, Baltic nations, or simply the Baltics, is a geopolitical term used for grouping the three sovereign countries in Northern Europe on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
- Central Europe - Central Europe is the region comprising the central part of Europe. It is said to occupy continuous territory that are otherwise conventionally Eastern Europe and Western Europe. The concept of Central Europe is based on a common historical, social and cultural identity.
- Central and Eastern European Online Library - The Central and Eastern European Online Library is a repository of full text indexed documents in the fields of Humanities and Social Science publications from and about Central and Eastern Europe.
- European Union - The European Union is a political and economic union of member states that are located primarily in Europe. It has an area of, and an estimated population of over 510 million. The EU has developed an internal single market through a standardised system of laws that apply in all member states.
- East-Central Europe - East-Central Europe is the region between German, West Slavic and Hungarian speaking Europe and the Eastern Slavic lands of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Those lands are described as situated "between two": "between two worlds, between two stages, between two futures".
- Eastern Europe - Eastern Europe is the eastern part of the European continent. There is no consensus on the precise area it covers, partly because the term has a wide range of geopolitical, geographical, cultural, and socioeconomic connotations.
- Southeastern Europe
- Central Europe
- Geographical neologisms
- Eastern Europe
- Regions of Europe
- Offers OpenMaps www
Offers free downloadable maps for several countries in the region. OpenMaps.
- Forum SocialEast www
Forum on the art and visual culture of Eastern Europe. SocialEast. Information about seminars and exhibitions. SocialEast.
- An Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe www
An intergovernmental organization working for democracy, Pact for South Eastern Europe, economic development and security of the Balkan region. Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe.
- Covering Armed Forces www
Covering armed forces of former Yugoslav republics and conflict in former Yugoslavia. Armed Forces.
- A Baltic SeaStates Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC) www
A political network of regional authorities below the national level of the countries in the Baltic Sea area. SeaStates Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC). Baltic SeaStates Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC).
- Information South Baltic Four Corners www
Information about the region. Baltic Four Corners. Culture, heritage, events, tourism, and contact details. South Baltic Four Corners.
- Official Bulgaria: National Statistical Institute www
Official government site offers information about the law on statistics, National Statistical Institute, and information about the population, ecology, and economy of the country. Bulgaria: National Statistical Institute.
- Official Republic of Bulgaria www
Official government site tells about the government and the country in general. Bulgaria. Includes the history of the country, some basic statistics, national symbols, public holidays, and a map of the districts as well as speeches by the prime minister and other government news and decrees. Republic of Bulgaria.
- Performs Database Central Europe www
Performs economic research in the region with a special focus on labor markets. Central Europe. Offers statistics and reports. Database Central Europe.
- Directory CEE Environmental www
Directory of environmental businesses in central and eastern Europe, Environmental, organized by industrial sector. Also includes country economic information. CEE Environmental.
- Promotes Caucasus Environmental NGO Network www
Promotes sustainable development in the region. Environmental NGO Network. Includes a database of natural resources. Caucasus Environmental NGO Network.
- Publishing Caucasus Foundation www
Publishing social, Foundation, political, cultural and historical researches as well as news information on the Caucasus. In English, Turkish, Russian, and Arabic. Caucasus Foundation.
- Administrator OSPAR Commission www
Administrator of the Oslo and Paris Conventions for the protection of the marine environment of the North-East Atlantic. Commission. Contains organisation profile, areas of work, newsletters, and downloadable publications. [English/French] OSPAR Commission.
- European Interreg IVB NWE www
European Community initiative for north west Europe to assist project promoters who wish to develop transnational cooperation projects obtain European Regional Development Funding (ERDF) allocated by the INTERREG IVB Programme. IVB NWE. Mission statement, initiatives, events calendar, FAQs, and contact details. Interreg IVB NWE.
- Alexa: Central and Eastern Europe Regions
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Central and Eastern Europe Regions
- DMOZ: Central and Eastern Europe Regions
dmoz.org Directory: Central and Eastern Europe Regions