The Republic of Macedonia is a country located in southeastern Europe, on the Balkan Peninsula. Formerly a region of the former Yugoslavia, Macedonia is bordered by Serbia and Kosovo to the north, to the west and south-west by Albania, to the east by Bulgaria, and to the south by Greece. The Republic of Macedonia proclaimed its independence in 1991. The United Nations calls it the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM). There are 27 different ethnic groups identified in this country. The Albanians, 23 % of the population, are mainly of the Muslim religion. The Albanians mainly live in the west of country, close to the borders of Albania, but also close to the borders of the Kosovo, with Albanian population. Macedonia Europe Regional.
- Republic of Macedonia A country in the Balkan peninsula in Southeast Europe.
- Macedonia (ancient kingdom) An ancient kingdom on the periphery of Archaic and Classical Greece, and later the dominant state...
- Macedonia naming dispute A political dispute over the use of the name "Macedonia" between the southeastern European...
- Macedonia (Greece) A geographic and historical region of Greece in the southern Balkans.
- Western Macedonia Western Macedonia is one of the thirteen regions of Greece, consisting of the western part of...
- Central Macedonia Central Macedonia is one of the thirteen administrative regions of Greece, consisting of the...
- Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Eastern Macedonia and Thrace is one of the thirteen administrative regions of Greece.
- Macedonia (region) A geographical and historical region of the Balkan peninsula in southeastern Europe.
- Macedonia (Roman province) The Roman province of Macedonia was officially established in 146 BC, after the Roman general...
- Macedonia, Alabama A census-designated place and former town in Pickens County, Alabama, United States.
- Makedonia (newspaper) A Greek daily newspaper published in Thessaloniki.
- Organizer Contemporary Art Center, Skopje www
Organizer of symposia dealing cultural issues and contemporary art matters. Contemporary Art Center, Skopje.
- Gallery Renoir Art Gallery www
Gallery of modern art in Skopje, Art Gallery, focusing on local and Macedonian artists. Renoir Art Gallery.
- Covering Armed Forces www
Covering armed forces of former Yugoslav republics and conflict in former Yugoslavia. Armed Forces.
- A Balkanology www
A guide for travelers to the Balkan peninsula, Balkanology, with advice on the best places to visit and how to get there. Balkanology.
- Telecommunications Macedonian Telecommunications www
Telecommunications carrier and public services. Macedonian Telecommunications.
- Provides National Bank www
Provides annual reports, Bank, press release, exchange rates and laws as well info about the staff, the bank and its activities. National Bank.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Macedònia www
Mapa, Macedònia, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Macedònia.
- Estat Viquipèdia: República de Macedònia www
Estat europeu de la Península Balcànica. República de Macedònia. Fronteres, bandera, escut, mapa i algunes dades. Viquipèdia: República de Macedònia.
- Offers OpenMaps www
Offers free downloadable maps for several countries in the region. OpenMaps.
- Fritz 1912 - Med den serbiske Armé i Makedonien www
Fritz Magnussen skrev en serie artikler i "Riget", Med den serbiske Armé i Makedonien, oktober-december 1912. Optrykt med indledning af Palle Rossen 1912 - Med den serbiske Armé i Makedonien.
- Alexa: Macedonia Europe
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Macedonia Europe
- DMOZ: Macedonia Europe
dmoz.org Directory: Macedonia Europe