Nicaragua is located between Honduras and Costa Rica, with Caribbean and Pacific coasts. "The Pacific Coast of Nicaragua was settled as a Spanish colony from Panama in the early 16th century. Independence from Spain was declared in 1821 and the country became an independent republic in 1838. Britain occupied the Caribbean Coast in the first half of the 19th century, but gradually ceded control of the region in subsequent decades. Violent opposition to governmental manipulation and corruption spread to all classes by 1978 and resulted in a short-lived civil war that brought the Marxist Sandinista guerrillas to power in 1979.... Free elections in 1990, 1996, and again in 2001 saw the Sandinistas defeated. Nicaragua Central America Regional.
The Spanish Empire conquered the region in the 16th century. Nicaragua gained independence from Spain in 1821. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Nicaragua, officially the Republic of Nicaragua, is the largest country in the Central American isthmus, bordered by Honduras to the north, the Caribbean to the east, Costa Rica to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Managua is the country's capital and largest city and is also the third-largest city in Central America, behind Tegucigalpa and Guatemala City. The multi-ethnic population of six million includes people of indigenous, European, African, and Asian heritage. The main language is Spanish. Native tribes on the Mosquito Coast speak their own languages and English.
- Nicaragua Category
- Healthcare in Nicaragua - Healthcare in Nicaragua involves the collaboration of private and public institutions.
- Bibliography of Nicaragua - This is a bibliography of selected works about Nicaragua.
- Index of Nicaragua-related articles - The following is an alphabetical list of topics related to the Republic of Nicaragua.
- LGBT rights in Nicaragua - Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons in Nicaragua may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is legal in Nicaragua.
- Outline of Nicaragua - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Nicaragua: Nicaragua ? sovereign, representative democratic republic and the most extensive nation in Central America. It is also the least densely populated with a demographic similar in size to its smaller neighbors.
- Territorial disputes of Nicaragua - Territorial disputes of Nicaragua include the territorial dispute with Colombia over the Archipelago de San Andres y Providencia and Quita Sueno Bank. Nicaragua also has a maritime boundary dispute with Honduras in the Caribbean Sea and a boundary dispute over the Rio San Juan with Costa Rica.
- Countries in North America
- Countries in the Caribbean
- Countries in Central America
- Spanish-speaking countries and territories
- Interactive ABC Country Book of Nicaragua www
Interactive version of CIA Factbook. Country Book of Nicaragua. Includes geography, flag, map, people, government, economy, transportation, communications. ABC Country Book of Nicaragua.
- Overview El Nisperal www
Overview of coffee farm activities and information about the biodiveristy, Nisperal, coffee, and rural development, and how to purchase. El Nisperal.
- Prepared Financial Year 1998 Country Commercial Guide www
Prepared by U. Year 1998 Country Commercial Guide.S. embassy in Managua. Includes economic outlook and investment climate, political environment, marketing U.S. products, leading sectors, and trade regulations. Financial Year 1998 Country Commercial Guide.
- Informe Mapa de Peters - IDH www
Informe sobre desenvolupament humà en el país: Pobresa humana i d'ingressos, Peters - IDH, tendències demogràfiques, salut, educació, despesa pública, drets laborals, refugiats i armes. Mapa de Peters - IDH.
- Història, Nicaragua - Viquipèdia www
Història, Viquipèdia, govern, organització polític-administrativa i geografia. Bandera, escut, mapa i algines dades. Nicaragua - Viquipèdia.
- Om Prinzapolka www
Om miskito-indianere på østkysten af Nicaragua. Prinzapolka.
- The York University: URACCAN Linkage Project www
The Centre for Research on Latin America and the Caribbean provides information about the project and region, University: URACCAN Linkage Project, with links to reports of specific programs. York University: URACCAN Linkage Project.
- Offering Nicaragua Spanish Language Schools www
Offering Spanish-language classes and programs in six of Nicaragua’s top Spanish schools in the best locations. Spanish Language Schools. We are a local organization and will arrange everything for you, from your transportation to classes to lodging. Nicaragua Spanish Language Schools.
- Reisefotos, Nicaragua zum Reinschnuppern www
Reisefotos, zum Reinschnuppern, Beschreibung einiger Sehenswürdigkeiten des Landes und kleiner Spanischkurs. Nicaragua zum Reinschnuppern.
- Solidaritätsbewegung Nicaragua Verein Hamburg www
Solidaritätsbewegung mit eigener Zeitung und weiteren Landesinformationen. Nicaragua Verein Hamburg.
- List CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Nicaragua www
List of government officials and their titles, Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Nicaragua, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York. CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Nicaragua.
- Order Nicaraguan Air Arms (Fuerza Aérea - Ejército de Nicaragua) www
Order of battle including photos, Air Arms (Fuerza Aérea - Ejército de Nicaragua), squadron badges, maps of airfields, satellite pictures, squadron overview, and aircraft database. Nicaraguan Air Arms (Fuerza Aérea - Ejército de Nicaragua).
- Alexa: Nicaragua Central America
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Nicaragua Central America
- DMOZ: Nicaragua Central America
dmoz.org Directory: Nicaragua Central America