Nicaragua is located between Honduras and Costa Rica, with Caribbean and Pacific coasts. "The Pacific Coast of Nicaragua was settled as a Spanish colony from Panama in the early 16th century. Independence from Spain was declared in 1821 and the country became an independent republic in 1838. Britain occupied the Caribbean Coast in the first half of the 19th century, but gradually ceded control of the region in subsequent decades. Violent opposition to governmental manipulation and corruption spread to all classes by 1978 and resulted in a short-lived civil war that brought the Marxist Sandinista guerrillas to power in 1979.... Free elections in 1990, 1996, and again in 2001 saw the Sandinistas defeated. Nicaragua Central America Regional.
The Spanish Empire conquered the region in the 16th century. Nicaragua gained independence from Spain in 1821. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Nicaragua, officially the Republic of Nicaragua, is the largest country in the Central American isthmus, bordered by Honduras to the north, the Caribbean to the east, Costa Rica to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Nicaragua's capital, Managua, is the country's largest city and the third-largest city in Central America. The multi-ethnic population of six million includes people of indigenous, European, African, and Asian heritage. The main language is Spanish. Native tribes on the Mosquito Coast speak their own languages and English.
- Nicaragua Category
- Healthcare in Nicaragua - Healthcare in Nicaragua involves the collaboration of private and public institutions.
- Bibliography of Nicaragua - This is a bibliography of selected works about Nicaragua.
- Index of Nicaragua-related articles - The following is an alphabetical list of topics related to the Republic of Nicaragua.
- LGBT rights in Nicaragua - Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons in Nicaragua may face legal challenges not experienced by non-LGBT residents. Both male and female same-sex sexual activity is legal in Nicaragua.
- Outline of Nicaragua - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Nicaragua: Nicaragua ? sovereign, representative democratic republic and the most extensive nation in Central America. It is also the least densely populated with a demographic similar in size to its smaller neighbors.
- Territorial disputes of Nicaragua - Territorial disputes of Nicaragua include the territorial dispute with Colombia over the Archipelago de San Andres y Providencia and Quita Sueno Bank. Nicaragua also has a maritime boundary dispute with Honduras in the Caribbean Sea and a boundary dispute over the Rio San Juan with Costa Rica.
- Countries in North America
- Countries in the Caribbean
- Countries in Central America
- Spanish-speaking countries and territories
- Interactive ABC Country Book of Nicaragua www
Interactive version of CIA Factbook. Country Book of Nicaragua. Includes geography, flag, map, people, government, economy, transportation, communications. ABC Country Book of Nicaragua.
- Provides Central Bank of Nicaragua www
Provides annual reports and bulletins, Bank of Nicaragua, statistics, and economic indicators. Current information in Spanish, most documents available in English. Central Bank of Nicaragua.
- Overview El Nisperal www
Overview of coffee farm activities and information about the biodiveristy, Nisperal, coffee, and rural development, and how to purchase. El Nisperal.
- Informe Mapa de Peters - IDH www
Informe sobre desenvolupament humà en el país: Pobresa humana i d'ingressos, Peters - IDH, tendències demogràfiques, salut, educació, despesa pública, drets laborals, refugiats i armes. Mapa de Peters - IDH.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Nicaragua www
Mapa, Nicaragua, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Nicaragua.
- Om Prinzapolka www
Om miskito-indianere på østkysten af Nicaragua. Prinzapolka.
- Offers Apoyo Intensive Spanish School www
Offers immersion language courses and eco-tourism; with prices and email contact; located in Apoyo. Apoyo Intensive Spanish School.
- Offering Nicaragua Spanish Language Schools www
Offering Spanish-language classes and programs in six of Nicaragua’s top Spanish schools in the best locations. Spanish Language Schools. We are a local organization and will arrange everything for you, from your transportation to classes to lodging. Nicaragua Spanish Language Schools.
- Der Städtepartnerschaft Berlin/Kreuzberg - San Rafael del Sur www
Städtepartnerschaft Berlin/Kreuzberg - San Rafael del Sur.
- Erfahrungsberichte Miskito Nicaragua www
Erfahrungsberichte über ein einjähriges soziales Jahr im internationalen Friedensdienst in Puerto Cabezas. Miskito Nicaragua.
- Brief Jimmy Carter's Nicaragua Trip Report: July 3-6, 2006 www
Brief report on the start of Carter Center involvement in election monitoring for the 2006 election. Jimmy Carter's Nicaragua Trip Report: July 3-6, 2006.
- List CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Nicaragua www
List of government officials and their titles, Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Nicaragua, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York. CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Nicaragua.
- Alexa: Nicaragua Central America
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Nicaragua Central America
- DMOZ: Nicaragua Central America
dmoz.org Directory: Nicaragua Central America