The Agriculture sector comprises industries engaged in growing crops and harvesting timber. The companies in this sector are often described as farms, greenhouses, nurseries, or orchards. This sector includes supporting industries such as equipment, supplies, consulting and administrative services, etc. Business which grow and export agricultural products are included here as well. Agriculture Business and Economy Central America Regional.
Agriculture is the cultivation and breeding of animals, plants and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants and other products used to sustain and enhance human life. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Agriculture is the cultivation and breeding of animals, plants and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants and other products used to sustain and enhance human life. Agriculture was the key development in the rise of sedentary human civilization, whereby farming of domesticated species created food surpluses that nurtured the development of civilization. The study of agriculture is known as agricultural science. The history of agriculture dates back thousands of years, and its development has been driven and defined by greatly different climates, cultures, and technologies. Industrial agriculture based on large-scale monoculture farming has become the dominant agricultural method. Modern agronomy, plant breeding, agrochemicals such as pesticides and fertilizers, and technological developments have in many cases sharply increased yields from cultivation, but at the same time have caused widespread ecological damage and negative human health effects.
- Agriculture Category
- Aeroponics - Aeroponics is the process of growing plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil or an aggregate medium. The word "aeroponic" is derived from the Greek meanings of aer and ponos. Aeroponic culture differs from both conventional hydroponics, aquaponics, and in-vitro growing.
- Agricultural engineering - Agricultural engineering is the engineering discipline that studies agricultural production and processing.
- Agricultural robot - Agricultural robots or agbot is a robot deployed for agricultural purposes. The main area of application of robots in agriculture today is at the harvesting stage.
- Agricultural value chain - The agricultural value chain concept has been used since the beginning of the millennium, primarily by those working in agricultural development in developing countries.
- Agroecology - Agroecology is the study of ecological processes applied to agricultural production systems. The prefix ' refers to agriculture. Bringing ecological principles to bear in agroecosystems can suggest novel management approaches that would not otherwise be considered.
- Agroforestry - Agroforestry or agro-sylviculture is a land use management system in which trees or shrubs are grown around or among crops or pastureland.
- Food industry
- Assists Fairtrade Labelling Organization (FLO) www
Assists local agricultural producers in directly accessing world markets. Labelling Organization (FLO). Provides contact information and overview of member producers in the region. [English/Spanish] Fairtrade Labelling Organization (FLO).
- Private Agro-Industrial Development Program www
Private foundation promoting agricultural and agro-industrial business development in the northern zone of the country, Development Program, through training, and access to credit and to markets. Describes funding, target population, and services. Agro-Industrial Development Program.
- Coffee El Borbollon www
Coffee farm and mill. Borbollon. Gives company history, and describes growing and processing. El Borbollon.
- Grower Los Nogales Ecological Mill & Estate Farms www
Grower and roaster describes their products and cultivation methods, Nogales Ecological Mill & Estate Farms, with background information on practices designed to lessen negative environmental impacts. Los Nogales Ecological Mill & Estate Farms.
- Description Inversiones Agrocomerciales de Guatemala www
Description and photos of two estates growing coffee and ornamental plants for export. Inversiones Agrocomerciales de Guatemala.
- Exports Frutesa www
Exports tropical fruits and vegetables. Frutesa., especially snow peas, squash, and berries. Describes growing conditions, packaging facilities, and seasons of availability. [English/Spanish] Frutesa.
- Offers MayaCert www
Offers certification of organic quality for Mexican and central American agricultural produce. MayaCert.
- Exports Exportadora de Café California www
Exports green coffee beans from various regions of the country. Café California. Describes products, company history, and industry integration. Exportadora de Café California.
- Grower La Torcaza Estate Coffee www
Grower and exporter provides photos, Torcaza Estate Coffee, descriptions of the growing and processing cycle, and contact information for their roasters in the US and Europe. La Torcaza Estate Coffee.
- Coffee Hacienda La Esmeralda www
Coffee grower with plantations in Baru and Jaramillo. Esmeralda. Provides photos and brief description of cultivation. Hacienda La Esmeralda.
- Human Preseleccion Empresarial www
Human resources consultants. Empresarial. Includes a company profile and regional offices, jobs database, client services, resume submittal, and contact information. [English/Spanish] Preseleccion Empresarial.
- Marketing Grupo Transmerquim www
Marketing and distribution of raw materials and chemical products. Transmerquim. Includes a description of services for clients and suppliers, and a list of products. Grupo Transmerquim.
- Alexa: Agriculture Business and Economy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Agriculture Business and Economy
- DMOZ: Agriculture Business and Economy
dmoz.org Directory: Agriculture Business and Economy