Hiking Recreation and Sports Puerto Rico Caribbean Regional.
Hiking is the preferred term, in Canada and the United States, for a long, vigorous walk, usually on trails ( footpaths ), in the countryside, while the word walking is used for shorter, particularly urban walks. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Hiking is the preferred term, in Canada and the United States, for a long, vigorous walk, usually on trails, in the countryside, while the word walking is used for shorter, particularly urban walks. On the other hand, in the United Kingdom, and the Republic of Ireland, the word "walking" is acceptable to describe all forms of walking, whether it is a walk in the park or backpacking in the Alps. The word hiking is also often used in the UK, along with rambling, hillwalking, and fell walking. The term bushwalking is endemic to Australia, having been adopted by the Sydney Bush Walkers club in 1927. In New Zealand a long, vigorous walk or hike is called tramping. It is a popular activity with numerous hiking organizations worldwide, and studies suggest that all forms of walking have health benefits.
- Hiking Category
- Bivouac shelter - A bivouac shelter is any of a variety of improvised camp site or shelter that is usually of a temporary nature, used especially by soldiers, persons engaged in scouting and mountain climbing.
- Outdoor literature - Outdoor literature is a literature genre about or involving the outdoors. Outdoor literature encompasses several different subgenres including exploration literature, adventure literature, mountain literature and nature writing.
- Dog hiking ? hiking with dogs that carry a pack.
- Llama hiking - Llama hiking, also known as llama trekking or llama caravanning, is an activity where llamas accompany people on walking expeditions, including eco-tourism. The expeditions can last from as little as a few hours to several days.
- Nordic Walking ? fitness walking with poles.
- Scrambling ? "non-technical" rock climbing or mountaineering, or "technical" hiking.
- Tourist activities
- Adventure travel
- Puerto The Forest Reserves and Wildlife Sanctuaries www
Puerto Rico has more than two dozen forest reserves. Forest Reserves and Wildlife Sanctuaries. Almost all of them have hiking trails. Complete list of the reserves. The Forest Reserves and Wildlife Sanctuaries.
- A Tropical Forests of Puerto Rico www
A look at the various types meant for students. Tropical Forests of Puerto Rico.
- Mountain Caribbean National Forest, El Yunque www
Mountain that dominates the 28, National Forest, El Yunque,000 acre tropical forest, located in the rugged Sierra de Luquillo, 40 km southeast of San Juan. Caribbean National Forest, El Yunque.
- Offers Puerto Rico Convention Bureau www
Offers planning and informational tools for conventions and meetings. Puerto Rico Convention Bureau.
- Provides Puerto Rico Online www
Provides information on San Juan, Rico Online, Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde and other areas of Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico Online.
- Involved Puerto Rico Golf Association www
Involved in the development and promotion of governed amateur golf throughout the Island. Puerto Rico Golf Association.
- Information Pro-Wrestling Title Histories www
Information and articles related to championships from the 1970s to the present. Pro-Wrestling Title Histories.
- Alexa: Hiking Recreation and Sports
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Hiking Recreation and Sports
- DMOZ: Hiking Recreation and Sports
dmoz.org Directory: Hiking Recreation and Sports