This section is for English web sites emanating from and relating to Korea. NB: All Korean language web sites go to World: Korean. South Korea is the nation on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula in East Asia. It was established at the end of World War II after Japan's annexation over the area from 1910-1945. South Korea shares a 238 km border with North Korea along the 38th Parallel, and fought a war against North Korea and China from 1950-1953 where a northern attack was successfully repulsed. The nation is still technically at war with North Korea and reunification is still a touchy issue. Many families are still divided between the democratic south and the hardline Stalinist north. South Korea Asia Regional.
Coordinates: 36°N 128°E / 36°N 128°E / 36; 128 (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: South Korea, officially the Republic of Korea, is a sovereign state in East Asia, constituting the southern part of the Korean Peninsula. Officially, its territory consists of the whole Korean Peninsula and its adjacent islands, which are largely mountainous. South Koreans lead a distinctive urban lifestyle, as half of them live in high-rises concentrated in the Seoul Capital Area with 25 million residents. The capital Seoul is the world's sixth leading global city with the fifth largest economy and is the seventh most sustainable city in the world.
- South Korea Category
- Outline of South Korea - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to South Korea: South Korea ? densely populated sovereign presidential republic located on the southern half of the Korean Peninsula in East Asia. Also known as the "Land of the Morning Calm".
- President of South Korea - The President of the Republic of Korea is, according to the South Korean constitution, the chairperson of the cabinet, the chief executive of the government, commander-in-chief of the armed forces, and the head of state of South Korea.
- Index of South Korea-related articles
- International rankings of South Korea
- G20 nations
- Korean-speaking countries and territories
- Northeast Asian countries
- Liberal democracies
- Blog Drama Beans www
Blog that deconstructs Korean dramas and pop culture by summarizing and analyzing drama episodes, Beans, scripts, and soundtracks. Drama Beans.
- Korean GoKpop www
Korean entertainment news, GoKpop, weekly charts, and community. GoKpop.
- Supports Commercial Service at U.S. Embassy, Korea www
Supports commercial interests of the US and to help U. Service at U.S. Embassy, Korea.S. companies increase sales and market share in Korea through export counseling, addressing impediments, and trade promotion programs. Commercial Service at U.S. Embassy, Korea.
- US US Energy Information Administration - South Korea www
US EIA provides data, Energy Information Administration - South Korea, forecasts, country analysis brief and other analyses, focusing on the energy industry including oil, natural gas and electricity. US Energy Information Administration - South Korea.
- Informe Mapa de Peters - IDH www
Informe sobre desenvolupament humà en el país: Pobresa humana i d'ingressos, Peters - IDH, tendències demogràfiques, salut, educació, despesa pública, drets laborals, refugiats i armes. Mapa de Peters - IDH.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Corea del Sud www
Mapa, Corea del Sud, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Corea del Sud.
- Official Chungcheongbuk-Do www
Official government site of the province with overview, Chungcheongbuk-Do, industry, economy, tourism information, photo gallery, and living information. Chungcheongbuk-Do.
- Tourist Chungbuk Cultural Sightseeing www
Tourist guide from the provincial government. Cultural Sightseeing. Detailed coverage of tourist attractions, recommended tour courses, virtual tours. [Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese] Chungbuk Cultural Sightseeing.
- Provincial Chungcheongnam-Do www
Provincial government site with guide to local government, Chungcheongnam-Do, regional products, travel, and folk arts. [In Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish]. Chungcheongnam-Do.
- Detailed Wikipedia: Daegu www
Detailed article on this city. Wikipedia: Daegu.
- With Daegu Metropolitan City www
With overview to municipal administration, Metropolitan City, city council, tourist guide, culture, local economy and business resources. Daegu Metropolitan City.
- Alexa: South Korea Asia
Alexa Directory Top Sites: South Korea Asia
- DMOZ: South Korea Asia
dmoz.org Directory: South Korea Asia