Southeast Asia contains the following countries; Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Indonesia, East Timor, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines. It has sometimes (especially historically) been divided into the mainland Asian region of Indochina (Burma, Thailand, Malaya, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam), and the island region of the East Indies (Indonesia, East Timor, East Malaysia). Southeast Asia Regions Asia Regional.
Southeast Asia or Southeastern Asia is a subregion of Asia, consisting of the countries that are geographically south of China, east of India, west of New Guinea and north of Australia. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Southeast Asia or Southeastern Asia is a subregion of Asia, consisting of the countries that are geographically south of China, east of India, west of New Guinea and north of Australia. Southeast Asia is bordered to the north by East Asia, to the west by South Asia and Bay of Bengal, to the east by Oceania and Pacific Ocean, and to the south by Australia and Indian Ocean. The region is the only part of Asia that lies partly within the Southern Hemisphere, although the majority of it is in the Northern Hemisphere. In contemporary definition, Southeast Asia consists of two geographic regions...
- Southeast Asia Category
- Northeast Asia - Terms such as Northeast Asia, North East Asia or Northeastern Asia refer to a subregion of Asia: the northeastern landmass and islands, bordering the Pacific Ocean. It includes, paradoxically, the core countries of East Asia.
- South Asia - South Asia or Southern Asia is a term used to represent the southern region of the Asian continent, which comprises the sub-Himalayan SAARC countries and, for some authorities, adjoining countries to the west and east.
- Southeast Asia Treaty Organization - The Southeast Asia Treaty Organization was an international organization for collective defense in Southeast Asia created by the Southeast Asia Collective Defense Treaty, or Manila Pact, signed in September 1954 in Manila, Philippines.
- Tiger Cub Economies - The term Tiger Cub Economies collectively refers to the economies of the developing countries of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam the five dominant countries in Southeast Asia.
- Regions of Asia
- Health World Health Organization- South-East Asia Regional Office www
Health and health-related statistical information. World Health Organization- South-East Asia Regional Office.
- A Things Asian www
A collection of articles, Asian, facts, artwork, photographs and maps. Things Asian.
- Established Fisheries Development Center - Aquaculture Department www
Established in July 1973 to pursue aquaculture research and development in the region. Development Center - Aquaculture Department. Its headquarters are situated in the town of Tigbauan, Iloilo. Fisheries Development Center - Aquaculture Department.
- Provides Cruise Asean www
Provides profile, Asean, port information, regional information, events and library. Cruise Asean.
- Contains Northern Illinois University Center for Southeast Asian Studies www
Contains information about languages and cultures, Illinois University Center for Southeast Asian Studies, concentrating on interactive language lessons which include audio, pictures, and interactive exercises. Northern Illinois University Center for Southeast Asian Studies.
- An Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization www
An intergovernmental organisation promoting regional cooperation through education, Asian Ministers of Education Organization, science, and culture. Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization.
- Map of the Spratly Islands www
1995. the Spratly Islands. (218K) Map of the Spratly Islands.
- Map of the South China Sea Islands www
1988. the South China Sea Islands. (229K) Map of the South China Sea Islands.
- Updating Southeast Asia News www
Updating news headlines, Asia News, financial markets, hotels, links to major newspapers, and maps. Southeast Asia News.
- News, CNN.com International - Southeast Asia www
News, International - Southeast Asia, business and entertainment from the Cable News Network. CNN.com International - Southeast Asia.
- Provides Ecology Asia www
Provides articles, Asia, news and links related to wildlife, ecology and environment. Ecology Asia.
- Provides WWF Greater Mekong Programme www
Provides information for the WWF organization in Cambodia, Greater Mekong Programme, Laos and Vietnam with activities focused on forest landscapes, fresh water system, coastal and marine ecosystems and endangered species. WWF Greater Mekong Programme.
- Alexa: Southeast Asia Regions
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Southeast Asia Regions
- DMOZ: Southeast Asia Regions
dmoz.org Directory: Southeast Asia Regions