Afghanistan is a landlocked country in Central Asia, covering an area of 647,500 sq.km. It is bounded to the west by Iran, to the south and the east by Pakistan, to the north by Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan and to the north east by the Peoples Republic of China. The geography of Afghanistan is dominated by mountains. The Hindu Kush sweeps down from the north east through the central regions of the country and flattens out into the deserts of the southwest plateau. On either side of the mountains, to the north and to the east, the land is more fertile, and it is in these areas that most agricultural activity takes place. Afghanistan is an Islamic country, with a majority of Sunni Muslims and a minority of Shia Muslims. Afghanistan Asia Regional.
Coordinates: 33°N 65°E / 33°N 65°E / 33; 65 (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Afghanistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located within South Asia and Central Asia. Afghanistan is bordered by Pakistan in the south and east; Iran in the west; Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan in the north; and in the far northeast, China. Its territory covers and much of it is covered by the Hindu Kush mountain range, which experience very cold winters. The north consists of fertile plains, whilst the south-west consists of deserts where temperatures can get very hot in summers. Kabul serves as the capital and its largest city.
- Afghanistan Category
- Bibliography of Afghanistan
- Index of Afghanistan-related articles
- Outline of Afghanistan - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Afghanistan: Afghanistan ? landlocked sovereign country located in Central Asia. Since the late 1970s Afghanistan has experienced a continuous state of civil war.
- Iranian Plateau
- Pashto-speaking countries and territories
- Persian-speaking countries and territories
- Islamic republics
- Central Asian countries
- Member states of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- South Asian countries
- Offers Virtual Afghans www
Offers Afghani music, Afghans, Afghan chatrooms, message boards, downloads, free mp3, pictures, wallpapers and links. Virtual Afghans.
- Aims Hewad Afghanistan www
Aims to present literature, Afghanistan, poetry and articles in Pashto, but hosts some writers' biographies in English. Afghan music in Real Audio and videos. Hewad Afghanistan.
- IT Paiwastoon Networking Services Ltd. www
IT solutions for the private and public sector, Networking Services Ltd., including domain registration, web hosting and email. In English, Dari and Pashto. Paiwastoon Networking Services Ltd..
- Import Takoor Group (Pvt) Co. Ltd. www
Import and export of goods to and from Afghanistan throughout the world. Group (Pvt) Co. Ltd.. Management, business activities, branches and departments. Takoor Group (Pvt) Co. Ltd..
- Article Afganistan www
Article de Friedrich Engels redactat l'estiu del 1857. Afganistan.
- Els Entrevista a Behjat, activista de Rawa www
Els animals europeus encara viuen millor que les persones de l'Afganistan. Entrevista a Behjat, activista de Rawa.
- Projekter Den Danske Afghanistan Komité www
Projekter omkring sundhedsområdet i det vestlige Afghanistan. Danske Afghanistan Komité. Med foreningens historie og fakta om landet. Den Danske Afghanistan Komité.
- Non-profit Green Village Schools, Inc. www
Non-profit group based in Portland, Village Schools, Inc., Oregon, committed to building and maintaining schools in Sheen Kallay, Helmund province. Includes an archive with reports, photos and videos. Green Village Schools, Inc..
- The Donating Books to Kabul University www
The "Association of American University Presses" offers information on how to help rebuild the university. Donating Books to Kabul University.
- Forum Afghan.de www
Forum zu diversen Themen sowie Informationen zu Geschichte, Afghan.de, Wirtschaft und Kultur des Landes. Afghan.de.
- Bietet Plasticfish.de, Afghanistan in den achziger Jahren www
Bietet neben umfassenden Landesinformationen eine reiche Galerie mit Fotos aus dem Jahr 1988. Plasticfish.de, Afghanistan in den achziger Jahren.
- Alexa: Afghanistan Asia
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Afghanistan Asia
- DMOZ: Afghanistan Asia
dmoz.org Directory: Afghanistan Asia