Senegal Africa Regional.
Coordinates: 14°N 14°W / 14°N 14°W / 14; -14 (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Senegal, officially the Republic of Senegal, is a country in West Africa. Senegal is bordered by Mauritania in the north, Mali to the east, Guinea to the southeast, and Guinea-Bissau to the southwest. Senegal also borders The Gambia, a country occupying a narrow sliver of land along the banks of the Gambia River, which separates Senegal's southern region of Casamance from the rest of the country. Senegal also shares a maritime border with Cape Verde. Senegal's economic and political capital is Dakar. It is the westernmost country in the mainland of the Old World, or Afro-Eurasia, and owes its name to the Senegal River, which borders it to the east and north. The name "Senegal" comes from the Wolof "Sunuu Gaal", which means "Our Boat". Senegal covers a land area of almost and has an estimated population of about million. The climate is Sahelian, but there is a rainy season.
- Senegal Category
- Outline of Senegal - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Senegal: Senegal ? sovereign country located south of the S n gal River in West Africa. Senegal is bound by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, Mauritania to the north, Mali to the east, and Guinea and Guinea-Bissau to the south.
- Index of Senegal-related articles
- Agriculture in Senegal
- Telecommunications in Senegal - Telecommunications in Senegal include radio, television, fixed and mobile telephones, and the Internet.
- Transport in Senegal - This article describes the system of transport in Senegal, both public and private. This system comprises roads, rail transport, water transport, and air transportation.
- Water supply and sanitation in Senegal - Water supply and sanitation in Senegal is characterized by a relatively high level of access compared to the average of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- G15 nations
- West African countries
- Economic Community of West African States
- Member states of the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie
- Starting Wikipedia - Portal: Senegal www
Starting point for a comprehensive collection of categories and articles about the West African country including its culture, Portal: Senegal, economy, geography, media, sports, government, politics and history. Wikipedia - Portal: Senegal.
- An Passport to Paradise www
An exhibition of the art from the Muslim mystics, Paradise, the Mouride movement of Senegal. Photos, background information, a calendar of events and contact details. Passport to Paradise.
- A Djibril Diop Mambety, 1945-1998 www
A memorial to a great African film-maker, Diop Mambety, 1945-1998, born in Senegal. A biography, filmography, video clips and an interview. Djibril Diop Mambety, 1945-1998.
- Offers West African Aviation www
Offers "A" through "D" checks; engine repair, African Aviation, overhaul, and exchange; auxiliary power unit overhauls; propeller repairs; and, component and accessory repairs. Spain and Senegal. West African Aviation.
- Rodale Rodale Institute www
Rodale runs the Regenerative Agriculture Resource Center working with farmers to improve the quality of agricultural soils in Senegal. Institute. Report and contact details. Rodale Institute.
- Anàlisi Senegal www
Anàlisi del conflicte que des de 1982 enfronta el Govern del país amb els separatistes de la província de Casamance. Senegal.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Senegal www
Mapa, Senegal, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Senegal.
- Autonomous West African Monetary Agency (WAMA) www
Autonomous agency of ECOWAS to promote market determined exchange rates for West Africa intra-regional trade, African Monetary Agency (WAMA), monetary and economic integration, and the establishment of a single monetary zone. West African Monetary Agency (WAMA).
- A West African Health Organisation (WAHO) www
A specialised agency of ECOWAS which works for the health of people in the region by harmonising national policies, African Health Organisation (WAHO), pooling resources, and facilitating cooperation; information about the organisation and its programmes. [English, French and Portuguese] West African Health Organisation (WAHO).
- Project The TOSTAN Basic Education Program www
Project in Senegal which goes beyond literacy to give learners the means to solve problems, TOSTAN Basic Education Program, improve family health and start small-scale projects. Overview of the programme, and description of activities and results. The TOSTAN Basic Education Program.
- Activities The British Council Senegal www
Activities of the British Council in Senegal. The British Council Senegal.
- Statistische Welt in Zahlen - Senegal www
Statistische Daten, Zahlen - Senegal, Zahlen und Fakten zu Geschichte, Geografie, Demografie, Wirtschaft, Kommunikation, Transport, Gesundheits- und Bildungswesen. Welt in Zahlen - Senegal.
- Fortlaufend Chronik zur Sozial- und Literaturgeschichte Senegals www
Fortlaufend aktualisierte Tageschronik überwiegend aus Zeitungsberichten des Ursprungslandes und Nachschlagewerken zu den Themen Literatur, zur Sozial- und Literaturgeschichte Senegals, Bildung, Gesundheitswesen und Lebensverhältnisse. Chronik zur Sozial- und Literaturgeschichte Senegals.
- Alexa: Senegal Africa
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Senegal Africa
- DMOZ: Senegal Africa
dmoz.org Directory: Senegal Africa