The Sudanese Republic and Senegal became independent of France in 1960 as the Mali Federation. When Senegal withdrew after only a few months, what formerly made up the Sudanese Republic was renamed Mali. Rule by dictatorship was brought to a close in 1991 with a transitional government and in 1992 when Mali's first democratic presidential election was held. After his reelection in 1997, President Alpha KONARE continued to push through political and economic reforms and to fight corruption. In keeping with Mali's two-term constitutional limit, he stepped down in 2002 and was succeeded by Amadou TOURE. Source: CIA World Factbook Mali Africa Regional.
Coordinates: 17°N 4°W / 17°N 4°W / 17; -4 (wikipedia)
- Mali A landlocked country in West Africa. Mali is the eighth-largest country in Africa, with an...
- Mali (GPU) The Mali series of graphics processing units are semiconductor intellectual property cores...
- Mali Empire An empire in West Africa from 1230 to 1670.
- Mali, Democratic Republic of the Congo A village situated in the southern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in the central...
- Mali caste An occupational caste found among the Hindus who traditionally worked as gardeners and florists.
- Montenegro A sovereign state in Southeastern Europe.
- ECOWAS www
Official site of the Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS), ECOWAS, a regional group of sixteen countries, founded in 1975. Information about its political and financial institutions, specialised agencies, news and events. [English and French]
- Starting Wikipedia - Portal: Mali www
Starting point for a comprehensive collection of categories and articles about the West African country including its culture, Portal: Mali, economy, geography, media, sports, government, politics and history. Wikipedia - Portal: Mali.
- Information Wikipedia: Great Mosque of Djenné www
Information on the world's largest mud-brick building. Great Mosque of Djenné. Sections on its history, design and significance, plus pictures. Wikipedia: Great Mosque of Djenné.
- Essays Contemporary Malian Art www
Essays and painting by Malian artists. Contemporary Malian Art.
- Directory République du Mali: Pages Jaunes www
Directory searchable by name or category; includes contact data and links. République du Mali: Pages Jaunes.
- Directory Malipages.com www
Directory of businesses and industries; includes contact data and links. Malipages.com. [English, French, Spanish] Malipages.com.
- Informe Mapa de Peters - IDH www
Informe sobre desenvolupament humà en el país: Pobresa humana i d'ingressos, Peters - IDH, tendències demogràfiques, salut, educació, despesa pública, drets laborals, refugiats i armes. Mapa de Peters - IDH.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Mali www
Mapa, Mali, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Mali.
- Profile MBendi - Economic Community of West African States www
Profile of the organisation and member countries. MBendi - Economic Community of West African States.
- Vorstellung Mankan TE Bed&Breakfast www
Vorstellung der Unterkunft und des Restaurants in Sévaré. Bed&Breakfast. Mit Lageplan, Wissenswertes über die Region und einem Gästebuch. Mankan TE Bed&Breakfast.
- Aus Mali-Art, Freundeskreis Mali e.V. www
Aus einer Reise entstandenes Projekt zur Unterstützung des Bildungs- und Gesundheitswesens sowie Hilfe beim Brunnenbau. Freundeskreis Mali e.V.. Viele Skizzen und Zeichnungen können angeschaut werden. Mali-Art, Freundeskreis Mali e.V..
- Review World Statesmen - Mali www
Review of the country's history, Statesmen - Mali, politics, leaders and international organizations and treaties. Includes map, constitution, national anthem and pictures of historical flags. World Statesmen - Mali.
- Information African Elections Database - Mali www
Information on national elections includes country's political profile and full historical results. African Elections Database - Mali.
- Alexa: Mali Africa
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Mali Africa
- DMOZ: Mali Africa
dmoz.org Directory: Mali Africa