Health Africa Regional.
The definition of health has evolved over time. In keeping with the biomedical perspective, early definitions of health focused on the theme of the body's ability to function; health was seen as a state of normal function that could be disrupted from time to time by disease. (wikipedia)
- Health The level of functional and metabolic efficiency of a living organism. In humans it is the...
- Health care The maintenance or improvement of health via the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease...
- Public health Public health refers to "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting...
- Health care compared Brief comparison chart of several systems.
- Health care industry An aggregation and integration of sectors within the economic system that provides goods and...
- Health economics A branch of economics concerned with issues related to efficiency, effectiveness, value and...
- Health law The federal, state, and local law, rules, regulations and other jurisprudence among providers...
- Environmental health The branch of public health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built...
- Health (magazine) An American magazine focused on women's health. It was purchased by Time Inc. in 1991.
- Health (1959 TV series) An Australian television series aired in 1959 on ABC. It was an educational series intended to be...
- Health, Arkansas An unincorporated community in Madison County, Arkansas.
- Information Africa Guide - Medical and Health www
Information on African illness and disease, Guide - Medical and Health, recommended immunizations and travel insurance. Africa Guide - Medical and Health.
- Official UN World Health Organisation (WHO) - Regional Office for Africa www
Official UN WHO site includes country profiles, World Health Organisation (WHO) - Regional Office for Africa, breaking health news, African health monitors and video clips. UN World Health Organisation (WHO) - Regional Office for Africa.
- News Africa Conference on Sexual Health and Rights www
News and information about the annual mid-June conference. Conference on Sexual Health and Rights. Includes discussion on sexual rights, adolescent reproductive health, sexuality culture and religion, sexuality education, MDGs, family planning, abortion, sexual abuse, gender-based violence and HIV/AIDS. Africa Conference on Sexual Health and Rights.
- An African Networks for Health Research & Development www
An electronic conference for various health networks across Eastern and Southern Africa. African Networks for Health Research & Development.
- Information African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF) www
Information on the charity organization's programs and services, Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF), as well as medical advice for travelers to Africa. African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF).
- Annotated The WWW Virtual Library - Public Health: Africa www
Annotated links for web resources at both the continent and country levels. The WWW Virtual Library - Public Health: Africa.
- Promoting Africa Regional Sexuality Resource Centre www
Promoting a better understanding of human sexuality through informed public dialogue and advocacy for positive changes in policies and programmes in Africa. Regional Sexuality Resource Centre. Includes news and information on resources, training and publications. Africa Regional Sexuality Resource Centre.
- Portal Medilinks www
Portal for health information for Africa provides news and reports by health topic and country. Medilinks.
- A Global Alliance for Africa www
A not-for-profit organization providing stability and psyco-social support for African orphans affected by HIV/AIDS. Alliance for Africa. Operates therapeutic arts camps, community library programs, full scholarships for nursing students, and micro-finance loans and business support to women owned co-operatives in return for the care of orphans and children made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS. Global Alliance for Africa.
- Principal allAfrica.com - Health and Medicine News www
Principal newsfeed source for news and reports on health issues in Africa. Health and Medicine News. [English, French] allAfrica.com - Health and Medicine News.
- Annotated Stanford University - Africa South of the Sahara: Health www
Annotated directory of links to web resources including health journals and organisations. Stanford University - Africa South of the Sahara: Health.
- Health AMREF UK (African Medical and Research Foundation) www
Health development organization supporting health programmes and training health professionals in Africa, (African Medical and Research Foundation), focusing on HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, safe water, family health, clinical services, emergency response and health learning materials. AMREF UK (African Medical and Research Foundation).
- Resources Centre for African Family Studies www
Resources for providing sexual, for African Family Studies, reproductive and family health services in Africa. Text in English and French. Centre for African Family Studies.
- Watchdog Independent Group for Health in Africa www
Watchdog group monitors health problems, Group for Health in Africa, policies, strategies and programs (including research) in Africa. Independent Group for Health in Africa.
- Full African Journal of Reproductive Health www
Full text of the journal published by Women's Health and Action Research Centre. African Journal of Reproductive Health.
- A Trucaf Africa www
A not-for profit organization focused on supporting the issues of children with AIDS in Africa. Trucaf Africa.
- To Funu-Jem www
To prevent AIDS, Funu-Jem, the Senegalese Troupe Kaani-Gui performs music, dance, and theatre in the back country. Includes clips from the documentary in production. Funu-Jem.
- Site PilatesAfrica www
Site gives information about different locations and type of services for Pilates in Africa. PilatesAfrica.
- Especial SIDA: la agonía de Africa www
Especial de el periódico el Mundo sobre la incidencia de esta enfermedad en el continente. SIDA: la agonía de Africa.
- Actividades Comité Internacional de la Cruz Roja www
Actividades operacionales en los distintos países africanos. Comité Internacional de la Cruz Roja.
- Alexa: Health Africa
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Health Africa
- DMOZ: Health Africa
dmoz.org Directory: Health Africa