The Republic of Guinea-Bissau (Portuguese: República da Guiné-Bissau ) is a country in western Africa, and one the smallest countries in continental Africa. It is bordered by Senegal to the north, and Guinea to the south and east, with the Atlantic Ocean to its west. Formerly the Portuguese colony of Portuguese Guinea, upon independence, the name of its capital, Bissau, was added to the country's official name in order to prevent confusion between itself and the Republic of Guinea. Source: Wikipedia. Guinea-Bissau Africa Regional.
Guinea-Bissau was once part of the kingdom of Gabu, as well as part of the Mali Empire. Parts of this kingdom persisted until the 18th century, while a few others were under some rule by the Portuguese Empire since the 16th century. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Guinea-Bissau, officially the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, is a sovereign state in West Africa. It covers with an estimated population of.
- Guinea-Bissau Category
- Outline of Guinea-Bissau - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Guinea-Bissau: Guinea-Bissau ? country located in West Africa. Guinea-Bissau is the 8th least extensive country in continental Africa.
- Index of Guinea-Bissau-related articles
- Transport in Guinea-Bissau
- 2010 Guinea-Bissau military unrest - Military unrest occurred in Guinea-Bissau on 1 April 2010. Prime Minister Carlos Gomes Junior was placed under house arrest by Military of Guinea-Bissau soldiers, who also detained Army Chief of Staff Zamora Induta.
- Member states of the Community of Portuguese Language Countries
- Portuguese-speaking countries and territories
- West African countries
- Economic Community of West African States
- Member states of the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie
- Least developed countries
- Starting Wikipedia - Portal: Guinea-Bissau www
Starting point for a comprehensive collection of categories and articles about the western African country including its culture, Portal: Guinea-Bissau, economy, geography, media, sports, government, politics and history. Wikipedia - Portal: Guinea-Bissau.
- Wildlife River Zoo Farm www
Wildlife breeding farm and registered fauna reserve breeds endangered species, Zoo Farm, provides animals and birds for zoos worldwide as well as furnishing plants and native arts, and offers bungalows for a non-tourist experience in Guinea-Bissau. River Zoo Farm.
- An Guinea-Bissau: Oil And Gas Industry www
An overview of the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry in the republic. Guinea-Bissau: Oil And Gas Industry.
- Informe Mapa de Peters - IDH www
Informe sobre desenvolupament humà en el país: Pobresa humana i d'ingressos, Peters - IDH, tendències demogràfiques, salut, educació, despesa pública, drets laborals, refugiats i armes. Mapa de Peters - IDH.
- Història Guinea Bissau - Viquipèdia www
Història breu, Bissau - Viquipèdia, bandera, mapa i algunes dades. Guinea Bissau - Viquipèdia.
- A West African Health Organisation (WAHO) www
A specialised agency of ECOWAS which works for the health of people in the region by harmonising national policies, African Health Organisation (WAHO), pooling resources, and facilitating cooperation; information about the organisation and its programmes. [English, French and Portuguese] West African Health Organisation (WAHO).
- Information ECOWAS Gender Development Centre (EGDC) www
Information about their strategies, Gender Development Centre (EGDC), institutions and programmes. [English and French] ECOWAS Gender Development Centre (EGDC).
- Länderinformation Guinea-Bissau www
Länderinformation vom auswärtigen Amt in Deutschland mit Sicherheitshinweisen, Guinea-Bissau, Reiseinformationen, Anschriften, Konsularische Hilfe, Wirtschaftsförderung und Kulturpolitik. Guinea-Bissau.
- Bericht Heise, Was kostet Guinea-Bissau? www
Bericht von Christoph Marischka mit dem Titel: Per Geheimabkommen wird Guinea-Bissau zur Brüssler Kolonie. Was kostet Guinea-Bissau?. Heise, Was kostet Guinea-Bissau?.
- Annotated US Law Library of Congress - Guinea-Bissau www
Annotated compendium of online sources providing access to primary documents, Law Library of Congress - Guinea-Bissau, legal commentary and general government information about specific jurisdictions and topics. US Law Library of Congress - Guinea-Bissau.
- Legal Global Legal Monitor (GLM) - Guinea-Bissau www
Legal news and developments in the country, Legal Monitor (GLM) - Guinea-Bissau, published by the United States Law Library of Congress. Includes RSS news feed. Global Legal Monitor (GLM) - Guinea-Bissau.
- Country US Department of State - Guinea-Bissau www
Country portal offers a map and links to Background Notes, Department of State - Guinea-Bissau, USAID page, the US embassy and the current ambassador, press releases, fact sheets, annual Human Rights Reports and other major reports including Country and Industry Market Reports. US Department of State - Guinea-Bissau.
- University University of Colorado - GovPubs: Guinea-Bissau www
University of Colorado - GovPubs: x Links to resources from the country's own government, Colorado - GovPubs: Guinea-Bissau, the United States, the United Nations and international sources. University of Colorado - GovPubs: Guinea-Bissau.
- Alexa: Guinea-Bissau Africa
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Guinea-Bissau Africa
- DMOZ: Guinea-Bissau Africa
dmoz.org Directory: Guinea-Bissau Africa