The Republic of Guinea-Bissau (Portuguese: República da Guiné-Bissau ) is a country in western Africa, and one the smallest countries in continental Africa. It is bordered by Senegal to the north, and Guinea to the south and east, with the Atlantic Ocean to its west. Formerly the Portuguese colony of Portuguese Guinea, upon independence, the name of its capital, Bissau, was added to the country's official name in order to prevent confusion between itself and the Republic of Guinea. Source: Wikipedia. Guinea-Bissau Africa Regional.
Guinea-Bissau was once part of the kingdom of Gabu, as well as part of the Mali Empire. Parts of this kingdom persisted until the 18th century, while a few others were under some rule by the Portuguese Empire since the 16th century. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Guinea-Bissau, officially the Republic of Guinea-Bissau, is a country in West Africa. It covers with an estimated population of.
- Guinea-Bissau Category
- Outline of Guinea-Bissau - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Guinea-Bissau: Guinea-Bissau ? country located in West Africa. Guinea-Bissau is the 8th least extensive country in continental Africa.
- Index of Guinea-Bissau-related articles
- Transport in Guinea-Bissau
- 2010 Guinea-Bissau military unrest - Military unrest occurred in Guinea-Bissau on 1 April 2010. Prime Minister Carlos Gomes Junior was placed under house arrest by Military of Guinea-Bissau soldiers, who also detained Army Chief of Staff Zamora Induta.
- Member states of the Community of Portuguese Language Countries
- Portuguese-speaking countries and territories
- West African countries
- Economic Community of West African States
- Member states of the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie
- Least developed countries
- Starting Wikipedia - Portal: Guinea-Bissau www
Starting point for a comprehensive collection of categories and articles about the western African country including its culture, Portal: Guinea-Bissau, economy, geography, media, sports, government, politics and history. Wikipedia - Portal: Guinea-Bissau.
- An Guinea-Bissau: Oil And Gas Industry www
An overview of the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry in the republic. Guinea-Bissau: Oil And Gas Industry.
- Wildlife River Zoo Farm www
Wildlife breeding farm and registered fauna reserve breeds endangered species, Zoo Farm, provides animals and birds for zoos worldwide as well as furnishing plants and native arts, and offers bungalows for a non-tourist experience in Guinea-Bissau. River Zoo Farm.
- Informe Mapa de Peters - IDH www
Informe sobre desenvolupament humà en el país: Pobresa humana i d'ingressos, Peters - IDH, tendències demogràfiques, salut, educació, despesa pública, drets laborals, refugiats i armes. Mapa de Peters - IDH.
- Història Guinea Bissau - Viquipèdia www
Història breu, Bissau - Viquipèdia, bandera, mapa i algunes dades. Guinea Bissau - Viquipèdia.
- A ECOWAS Parliament www
A forum for dialogue, Parliament, consultation and consensus for representatives of the peoples of West Africa to promote integration. Information about its structure, activities, publications, and news. [English and French] ECOWAS Parliament.
- A West African Health Organisation (WAHO) www
A specialised agency of ECOWAS which works for the health of people in the region by harmonising national policies, African Health Organisation (WAHO), pooling resources, and facilitating cooperation; information about the organisation and its programmes. [English, French and Portuguese] West African Health Organisation (WAHO).
- Länderinfos Tropeninstitut Hamburg: Guinea-Bissau www
Länderinfos des Reisemedizinischen Zentrums zu Reise- u. Hamburg: Guinea-Bissau. Tropenkrankheiten, Malariavorkommen, Sicherheitslage, Klima, Kultur, Politik und Wirtschaft. Tropeninstitut Hamburg: Guinea-Bissau.
- Länderinformation Guinea-Bissau www
Länderinformation vom auswärtigen Amt in Deutschland mit Sicherheitshinweisen, Guinea-Bissau, Reiseinformationen, Anschriften, Konsularische Hilfe, Wirtschaftsförderung und Kulturpolitik. Guinea-Bissau.
- List CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Guinea-Bissau www
List of government officials and their titles, Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Guinea-Bissau, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York. CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: Guinea-Bissau.
- Review World Statesmen - Guinea-Bissau www
Review of the country's history, Statesmen - Guinea-Bissau, politics, leaders and international organizations and treaties. Includes map, constitution, national anthem and pictures of historical flags. World Statesmen - Guinea-Bissau.
- Features CIA - The World Factbook: Guinea-Bissau www
Features map and brief descriptions of the geography, The World Factbook: Guinea-Bissau, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues. CIA - The World Factbook: Guinea-Bissau.
- University University of Colorado - GovPubs: Guinea-Bissau www
University of Colorado - GovPubs: x Links to resources from the country's own government, Colorado - GovPubs: Guinea-Bissau, the United States, the United Nations and international sources. University of Colorado - GovPubs: Guinea-Bissau.
- Alexa: Guinea-Bissau Africa
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Guinea-Bissau Africa
- DMOZ: Guinea-Bissau Africa
dmoz.org Directory: Guinea-Bissau Africa