Ghana was formed from the merger of the British colony of the Gold Coast and the Togoland trust territory, and was the first country in colonial Africa to gain its independence (1957). It is on the southern coast of West Africa (Gulf of Guinea) between Cote d'Ivoire on the west and Togo on the east. It contains Lake Volta. 44% of the people are Akan, 16% are Moshi-Dagomba, 13% Ewe and 8% Ga. They speak their own language in addition to the official language of English. Accra is the capital and the country has ten regions: Ashanti, Brong-Ahafo, Central, Eastern, Greater Accra, Northern, Upper East, Upper West, Volta, and Western. Ghana Africa Regional.
Coordinates: 8°N 2°W / 8°N 2°W / 8; -2 (wikipedia)
- Ghana A unitary presidential constitutional democracy, located along the Gulf of Guinea and...
- Guyana A sovereign state on the northern mainland of South America.
- Guinea A country on the western coast of Africa.
- Ghana Empire The Ghana Empire, properly known as Awkar was located in the area of present-day southeastern...
- G?ana (folk music) A type of traditional Maltese folk music. G?ana has two literal meanings.
- Ghana (album) Ghana is third in a three-part series of compilations of songs by The Mountain Goats that have...
- Ghana (chocolate) A brand of chocolate manufactured by the Japanese company Lotte since 1964 and Korean company...
- Ghana (Mbeya ward) An administrative ward in the Mbeya Urban district of the Mbeya Region of Tanzania.
- Gana Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Gana'.
- ECOWAS www
Official site of the Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS), ECOWAS, a regional group of sixteen countries, founded in 1975. Information about its political and financial institutions, specialised agencies, news and events. [English and French]
- Videos Ameyaw Debrah www
Videos on performances, Debrah, events, interviews from Ghana and across Africa provided by celebrity/showbiz reporter and publicist, Ameyaw Ameyaw Debrah.
- Offers The Royal Gulf Club www
Offers sports, Royal Gulf Club, leisure and an open air theatre. Profile, photographs, videos and contacts. The Royal Gulf Club.
- Transports West African Gas Pipeline Company www
Transports natural gas from Nigeria to customers in Ghana, African Gas Pipeline Company, Togo and Benin. Pipeline, news, reports, FAQs, photographs and contacts. West African Gas Pipeline Company.
- A The Ghana Energy Foundation www
A non-profit, Ghana Energy Foundation, public-private partnership institution, devoted to the promotion of energy efficiency and renewable energy, as a key strategy to Ghana's growing energy needs in a sustainable manner. The Ghana Energy Foundation.
- Mapa, Grec.net: Ghana www
Mapa, Ghana, fotografies, geografia, economia, societat i història. Notícies i enllaços relacionats. Grec.net: Ghana.
- História, Ghana - Viquipèdia www
História, Viquipèdia, bandera, escut, mapa i algunes dades. Ghana - Viquipèdia.
- En Ghana Venskabsgrupperne i Danmark www
En u-landsorganisation, Venskabsgrupperne i Danmark, der driver oplysningsarbejde og udviklingsprojekter i Nordghana. Ghana Venskabsgrupperne i Danmark.
- A ECOWAS Parliament www
A forum for dialogue, Parliament, consultation and consensus for representatives of the peoples of West Africa to promote integration. Information about its structure, activities, publications, and news. [English and French] ECOWAS Parliament.
- International AIESEC - Ghana www
International platform for students to discover and develop their potential through leadership positions, Ghana, conferences and international exchange programs. AIESEC - Ghana.
- Language, Edulingua Ghana www
Language, Ghana, education and tourism agency. Provides information on language courses, study abroad, vacation courses for children and other services. [English and French] Edulingua Ghana.
- Alexa: Ghana Africa
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ghana Africa
- DMOZ: Ghana Africa
dmoz.org Directory: Ghana Africa